"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Friday, December 31, 2010

out with the old & in with the new

2010 was a complicated year for me. I feel like I really grew up in 2010. There were a lot of tears, but like rainbows follow rain, there were a lot of smiles too. I had many new experiences, and while some were mistakes or made me sad, they were all formative and I'm glad for that.

My 2011 resolutions: none. No resolutions, no regrets. I try to be the best version of myself each day, but often I'm not; I make mistakes. Nevertheless, I don't need one day to make myself feel good about reinventing myself - it's a constant process. Writing things down won't make them happen. The only thing there is is to just do.


That being said, I do have a few 2011 blogolutions (If Sarah Palin can coin a word, so can I)
1. Blog twice a week at a MINIMUM. Even if it's just a picture or a quote, I should blog frequently and regularly.
2. Get more personal, to some extent.
3. Have some short posts more frequently with quotes I like, pretty pictures, or funny videos.
4. Start a new blog that focuses on politics and policy. I have a few here and there in this blog, but they don't fit with the rest of the post. If this is something I'm passionate about, it deserves my focus.

Hope you're doing something wonderful tonight!


ab imo pectore,


Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment