"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Monday, December 27, 2010

good morning, upper east siders

Since Gossip Girl is taking a break until January 24th, here's a post to help you miss it a little less. Besides all the guilty pleasure drama that takes place on the upper east side, many of us watch the show for the style. Blair's style is my favorite; she looks polished and put together, yet she always manages to wear something unexpected.

Blair is my favorite character, because she is the most complex. She feels deeply but lives in a shallow world.

I tried to pick my favorite of her outfits or accessories for the whole show, but that proved impossible. As I tried to decide between her green pea coat and yellow accessories outfit and her white Marc Jacobs dress and headband, I realized I could not pick the best of all three-and-a-half seasons. Here are my top five from season four so far.

{photos via http://blairfashion.blogspot.com from youknowyouloveme.org}




No one else makes black and white look so fashion-forward. Love the patterned tights.




The colors on this dress make it so elegant and almost seem like the are from an old, faded photograph.



This must be Blair's least expensive outfit all season. The skirt was not even eighteen dollars. She is mixing florals perfectly and proving that cheap can be chic.




The fuchsia with red could not be better. Leave it to Blair to mix it up while still looking elegant. I couldn't not choose this glamourous dress.




I lovelovelove how Blair mixed these prints. The beret is so Paris and the perfect accessory to start to the season.



You know you love me.
xoxo,


Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment