"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

"Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." - How the Grinch Stole Christmas





I watch Charlie Brown's Christmas every year. Regardless of what you believe, Christmas is about more than gifts and aluminum christmas trees. It can be about religion, family, reflection, tradition, or any number of other things.

I love the tradition and spirit that comes with Christmas. Everyone is just a little happier, a little nicer, and a little for thankful. I wish we could be like that all year. I watch Charlie Brown, The Grinch (cartoon, obviously), Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, and other classic Christmas movies. I also like to reread A Christmas Carol by Dickens every year.


Everyone's family is unique, crazy, and quirky, but they're the only one you have. I wouldn't trade mine for the world. Spend some time with loved ones today :)



Merry Christmas, everyone!!


ab imo pectore,



Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment