"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

hello, finals.

If you're in college, it's probably finals week for you too. I have three down, two to go. Here are a few thing that have kept me sane...

1. Music. If you're sick of your own music, I recommend listening to other people's iTunes on your network, Pandora, Glee music, or Straight No Chaser's Christmas music.

2. Find a non-library non-room place to study. Preferably with comfy chairs, food, and coffee. I've studied at Starbucks and Panera lately. There enough noise that it doesn't feel too quiet, but not enough to distract you. Also, change up your setting if you're having trouble focusing.

3. Self-control. My friend downloaded a program for mac called self control. You can choose to block certain websites for a certain amount of time to help you focus. No more hours wasted on Facebook stalking and newsfeed updating.

4. Schedule what studying you want to do when to keep you on track. Also schedule breaks. Breaks are good.

5. Sleep eight hours every night. Do it. Your body, mental health, and GPA will thank you. Since you have no class, a few extra hours of sleep is definitely do-able. I am about to take my own advice and do just that.

6. Don't stress out. I am the queen of getting stressed out, but it is not productive. Life will go on. Keep Calm and Carry On.




ab imo pectore,


Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment