"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In which I become a Southerner

It's my sophomore year of college, and in these past two weeks, I've really started to embrace being in the South.

1. I went to All for the Hall on Tuesday and it was amazing! Saw Keith Urban AND John Mayer. swoon. Also saw Miranda Lambert and Martina McBride among others - it was amazing!!

2. I've been to the Grand Ole Opry twice in the past two weeks! Once at the newly restore Opryland and once at the Ryman - both venues were lovely. Got a kick out of the commercials- Cracker Barrel, Dollar General, and Bass Pro Shops oh my! I really am in the South. At the Opry, I saw Taylor Swift, Dolly Parton, and Trace Adkins perform!! Life is good :)

3. I got cowboy boots - one brown pair and one black pair, of course. Have already worn them with a dress - twice!
mine are second from the right!

My appreciation for country music has greatly increased in the past weeks - I can't get enough of the catchy melodies and heartfelt lyrics. Grab some sweet tea and take a listen to this sample of the soundtrack to my new country life:

Trace Adkins - This Ain't No Love Song; Ladies Love Country Boys
Keith Urban - Kiss a Girl
Anything Taylor Swift has ever performed
Brad Paisley - She's Everything
Carrie Underwood - Undo It; All-American girl



ab imo pectore,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment