"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

gmail

I started using gmail when I was given a college gmail address. I absolutely love it. It gives so many opportunities to organize. I was inspired to do this post by this College Prep post

Lately, I have be so organized with gmail. I cannot stand to have more than 20 emails in my inbox. I have labels for academics, Alpha Chi Omega, the political review at my school, my early childhood literacy club, Model UN, career, my internship in DC this summer(!), and of course a big red 'TO DO' label. I label every single email and I always archive into the corresponding folders as soon as possible.

While I was planning a big conference in February, emails would come in faster than I could respond to them, and it felt so good to archive or delete those when it was over. Having a well labeled, fairly empty inbox is the electronic equivalent of cleaning your room or having a fresh mani/pedi. You just feel so put together and good.

I also immediately write down all dates into my Lilly Pulitzer agenda. I do use ical, but something about having the book keeps me more organized. Especially since it often has sticky notes on top of the pages when they fill up. I'm overcommitted...

One of my friends recently asked me to text him to remind him about a big interview he had because I'm so organized. HA! It took years of effort to cultivate this, and it's only maintained by my borderline OCD relationship with gmail and my Lilly agenda.

Also, clearly, I have the pink and purple theme for my gmail...

ab imo pectore,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment