"I am good but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." -M. Monroe

she dreams in poetry but writes in prose // she lives in ballet flats but likes to feel the grass between her toes // she craves her Starbucks fix // she's pearls and she's politics // she makes her own sunshine on a rainy day // she gets her work done but she lives to play.


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships"

"
"...But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

I've been thinking lately, that the best moral compass and the best measure of happiness is the quality of your relationship with yourself.

Some things are clearly wrong, but for the grayer day-to-day decisions, I always think "if I do this, will I be as comfortable with myself after?" When I'm alone in my head will I still like myself as much as I do now? Sometimes, you do something that goes against this, and makes you question who you are. The wonderful thing, though, is that unlike other relationships, the relationship with yourself will always be there, so no matter how damaged it becomes, you can always fix it.


Other people may be smarter, wealthier, prettier, but if I wake up every day only wanting to be myself, then that's a happy life :)

ab imo pectore, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment